[ckan-committers] Update

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Tue Dec 12 10:03:34 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I already mentioned this to Sergey and Konstantin in the dev meeting last
week but I just wanted to update the rest of the team as well. As I
explained a few months ago the grant that was funding my time on CKAN core
ended last month, and it hasn't been possible to extend it.
This means that for now I'm not allowed to spend any time on core reviews
or issues, which is a bummer of course. I have the commitment from my boss
Paul to try to find additional funding as soon as possible, but for the
time being I will have to limit my involvement to spare time. I'll
definitely try to finish any important review assigned to me, specially
Flask ones.

The steering group is currently discussing a range of issues which I think
involve the sustainability of the tech team and roadmap and priorities, but
on the meantime it is always a good idea to nag your bosses about time to
work on core things :)

I'll keep you posted.

Adrià