[ckan-dev] ckan i18n

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 23 09:55:42 UTC 2010

Hi Friedrich and Benoit,

Just wanted to check on our current i18n workflow. We've now agreed to
have all *.po and *.mo in the main repo [1].

What I then wanted to check is:

a) How do we pull from transifex (i understand it is no longer automatic)?

b) Do we push and pull into default or into a dedicated branch
(dedicated branch seems to have some advantages to do with controlling
what version of the code is being i18n-ed at a given time

c) When do we push (e.g. for each stable release?)

d) How do we integrate i18n of extensions -- this will become ever
more important as more stuff ends up in them (e.g. stats page is now
in an extension)

Regards,

Rufus

[1]: http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2010-December/000082.html