[ckan-dev] Implementing UI changes to CKAN

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 2 13:44:58 UTC 2010

On 2 December 2010 13:39, Richard Pope <richard at memespring.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:43 PM, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
>>> I don't think this is a good idea and this was a new policy just
>>> discussed today. I'm not clear why you'd branch off stable rather than
>>> default (with the new policy default should be pretty reliable and
>>> pushes to stable only happen at release time).
>>
>> So this isn't a "really useful update" any more...? ;-)
>>
>>> To keep it very simple: I'd recommend Richard just update to head on
>>> default and then do:
>>>
>>> hg branch feature-{ticketnum}-uireview
>
> OK, I've done this for now.
>
> Next question - since this is for the core site I assume I should be
> making the changes to the main templates rather than creating a new
> theme?

Yes, that's right. In the main theme.

Aside: with regard to Dave's earlier comment regarding naming of
branches I should note I would update my original recommendation to
have naming of the form:

release-{release-number}[-{human-readable-name}]
bug-{ticket-number}[-{human-readable-name}]
feature-{feature-name-or-ticket-number}[-{human-readable-name}]

Where all of the "human-readable-name" parts are optional.

Rufus