[ckan-dev] style.css vs ckan.css

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 2 23:51:31 UTC 2010

On 2 December 2010 16:12, Richard Pope <richard at memespring.co.uk> wrote:
> Can someone explain the various css files so I don't put things in the
> wrong place?
>
> General layout obviously comes from:
> http://assets.okfn.org/themes/twentyten/style.css
>
> But the rest of the design seems to be split between style.css and
> ckan.css. Should I merge them?

A general practice I've adopted even for wordpress themes is for
style.css to be pretty thin (imports) with the bulk of the css split
out into named files that are then imported (e.g. in ckan we have a
bunch of different files). Purpose was to make it easier to work with
and easier to reuse but I imagine a) could be dealt with by having
commented sections and now sure b) even really pays off.

Thus if you would like to consolidate into a single file please go ahead.

Rufus