[ckan-dev] Hello

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Dec 8 13:28:56 UTC 2010

On 8 December 2010 12:49, Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for all the feedback.
>
> On 8 December 2010 12:42, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> On 8 December 2010 12:08, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
>>> Seb,
>>>
>>> Welcome!
>>>
>>> +1 to ploughing on getting vdm working in sqlalchemy 0.5.
>>
>> vdm works with sqlalchemy 0.5 and 0.6 (and has done for a few months) :)
>
> Yup, I found this out shortly after posting my original message.
>
> The problem was in CKAN, not VDM.  Am currently ploughing through all
> the tests to make them work against sqlalchemy 0.6 + sqlite :memory.
> Will report back in due course -- as ever with fixing lots of tests at
> once, it's a bit painful :)

I'd suggest (feel free to ignore though) going one step at a time:
i.e. upgrade to 0.6 using postgres first *then* get it working with
sqlite. I'm pretty sure sqlite issues will be more serious (e.g. i
think at least one migrate script has sql that is hard-coded to
postgres based on brief prior experience trying to get sqlite working)

[...]

Rufus