[ckan-dev] CKAN installs on eu3

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Mon Nov 8 11:09:00 UTC 2010

Hi all,

over the past week, I've set up another three local CKAN instances (Czech Rep, Lithuania, Bulgaria) on eu3. These now run on metastable, as do most of the recent installs. Nevertheless, I start to wonder whether we shouldn't have a shared, baseline virtualenv with the current metastable CKAN installed. This model is detailed in the mod_wsgi docs: http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/VirtualEnvironments

The number of installs we start to have to deal with is just growing massively and we need to find some way to keep all of them on a supported version.

Friedrich