[ckan-dev] Openness checking: request for review

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Sat Nov 27 09:20:56 UTC 2010

Hey Olly,

these changes look very good, altough I assume we'll have to find a more dynamic way to classify MIME types in the future. Maybe the general HTTP stuff could also go into a common lib, such as swiss.

This could also be a first good application of the workers: having a link checker that just runs off the queue and once a day, submitting some info back into CKAN (HEAD status, content-length, ...). Getting fancy, this information would be stored in PackageResourceExtras, not PackageExtra, but that's probably for another time.

Friedrich