[ckan-dev] Fwd: introduction

William Waites ww at styx.org
Fri Apr 15 20:16:42 UTC 2011

* [2011-04-15 15:17:16 -0300] Flavio Coelho <fccoelho at gmail.com> écrit:

] I'd like very much to enable ckanrdf but the instructions found here:
] https://bitbucket.org/ww/ckanrdf/src/67df6dc33ec4/README.txt
]
] don't work for me I get an error when I try to run
]
] paster make-config ckanrdf myconfig.ini
] For the time being, I am glad that all seems to work.

That's odd, probably more a bug in the install instructions than
anything else - there's a minimal example config in the examples/
directory. At some point ckanrdf was modified to remove the
superfluous dependency on Paste and the install instructions were
never updated. If you comment out the rdflib.store and rdflib.args
bits, it should just generate the RDF in memory and write it out to
flat files on the disk.

Also, that code is probably EOL and with upcoming CKAN API chances
will probably stop working sooner or later, and there are some plans
to put some RDF capabilities into CKAN itself, though I am unsure
exactly where these stand.

I've added your site to the aggregator at http://semantic.ckan.net/
(the new version of which actually hasn't been announced yet, was
planning on doing that after some final improvements this weekend).
the packages in your site are available as RDF here,

    http://semantic.ckan.net/search/?source=http%3A%2F%2Fckan.emap.fgv.br%2F&q=

Cheers,
-w

--