[ckan-dev] Map-building "IDE"

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Sat Apr 16 09:05:00 UTC 2011

I've been wondering if OSM, Mapnik etc. could be harnessed for our
Geodata plans. And this tool which builds on Mapnik seems to do lots
of wonderful integration and I like the styling.

However, I'm quite surprised that it seems limited to the Web Mercator
projection, and I think INSPIRE specifies a different one. I'm sure
they have their reasons. No doubt Adria has a better understanding of
it all and can guide us on whether we can take advantage of TileMill
or indeed OSM, Mapnik etc.

David