[ckan-dev] publisher model

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu Apr 28 10:44:40 UTC 2011

* [2011-04-28 10:49:24 +0100] Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at gmail.com> écrit:

] 'm not advocating getting rid of the
] wiki-like element, but I think CKAN-as-data-story-production-platform
] will have greater impact than CKAN-as-metadata-curation-platform.  I'm
] advocating a shift in perspective.

This makes sense to me. But it also means getting closer to the
data. It would only really work with the integrated storage - forking
a metadata record isn't so interesting and is arguably
counter-productive on its own, but forking the data for processing
makes a lot of sense (and entails forking the metadata record).
For this to be really useful that means tight integration with tools
like scraperwiki and refine.

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>