[ckan-dev] Questions regarding CKAN administration

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Aug 24 14:46:13 UTC 2011

2011/8/18 Ondřej Vadinský <ondrej.vadinsky at vse.cz>:
> David Read wrote:
>> > I am to upgrade CKAN to newest stable, seems to be 1.4.2 righ now. There is currently installed 1.3.2 version, should I expect some troubles regarding
>> > this upgrade?
>>
>> Perhaps @James or @Rufus could help you with this? The CKAN version
>> also affects the nederland ckan site, so this should be done
>> carefully, especially as the debian packaging system is new.
>
> Yes I know about the nederland site, could the nederland's admin contact me about this, or does someone know his adress? I would also appreciate any
> help from James or Rufus. I noticed that the package name changed from ckan to ckan-std and it does not seem to have some debians alternative to
> replaces flag. So I guess I have to remove the ckan package and then install the ckan-std spackage. This should keep the configuration right? Otherwise
> it should just follow the upgrade documentation.

@James is responsible for debian packaging, so I suggest you work with
him directly on this in this case, since there have been various
changes since those were installed.

This is up to @Nils.

> As a colleague noticed, the czech CKAN was down for some time, so I ask, is there a way how to motor such events? And which processes should be
> monitored actually?

We monitor our sites with Nagios, but it is currently password
protected. @Nils what is the policy on this - can we provide Ondrej
access or can it simply be public?

David