[ckan-dev] OpenID log-in

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Dec 7 16:55:31 UTC 2011

Rufus,

A couple of months ago you disallowed user registration via OpenID
http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1386 but an explanation is not given when
they fail to log-in. I've sketched some ideas about how to fix this
and wondered what you felt: http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1532

Background for everyone else: We have had problems with allowing users
to log-in to CKAN using OpenID. The main issue was getting manageable
user names from OpenID. (Also we perceive declining interest in
OpenID.) So a couple of months ago Rufus changed it so that you need
to register your full details on CKAN first, before adding in a link
from that account to the OpenID account, which would then allow
logging-in that way.

David