[ckan-dev] git branching

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Dec 22 11:14:55 UTC 2011

On 22 December 2011 10:01, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> I use the 'standard':
>
> fixes #{ticket-num}
> refs #{ticket-num}
>
> (many systems have hooks for using these references in commit messages)

I'd much prefer this in a 'header' at the start of the comment.
Otherwise it is hard to find and easier to forget to include. And
since we don't use any of these 'standard' systems there is no
benefit.

David and Ross have also given support for putting in the ticket number.

I found myself benefiting from the [model] type tags today.

So how about this sort of thing:

[1502][tests,doc] Finished tests and added an example usage in the doc.

Dave