[ckan-dev] test failures

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Feb 3 21:50:08 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I've changed buildbot to run ckan tests twice now: firstly with sqlite and
then again with postgres in the same buildbot script (I should split it into
two tasks, but that is for another day). I've fixed a few problems with the
tests under sqlite and they pass now, but there are still problems with
tests in postgres.

Seb changed lots of 'rebuild_db' statements to 'clean_db', which then
requires 'init_db' at the start of the next test. So there are now 'init_db'
statements at the start of a great many tests. Was there any reason for
this? It seems a right faff to remember this - is there no better way?
Indeed I believe the current test failures are caused by a test not having a
init_db.

Note for everyone: Seb, James and I have agreed to set in test.ini to use
sqlite. We think it is a good idea to default tests to being run quickly.
However, I can't see a good way to then run tests under postgres - if you
comment out the sqlite in test.ini (as the buildbot currently does), 9/10
times you end up checking it in by mistake. Maybe someone has a better idea,
since passing parameters to nose is a no no.

David