[ckan-dev] test failures

William Waites ww at styx.org
Fri Feb 4 14:04:00 UTC 2011

* [2011-02-04 13:15:09 +0000] Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at gmail.com> écrit:

] Still, I would prefer that tests that need VDM and a sample User
] called init_db() explicitly, and tests that altered the database state
] called clean_db() explicitly.  That's all my intention was with all
] this stuff; I don't care if it's implemented with tables drops or
] database drops or what.

I agree with this sentiment, but am not sure about an explicit
clean_db(). I'd implement like this:

    def rebuild_db():
        clean_db()
        init_db()

and always call that from the setUp, it only incurs an extra
performance hit the first time it is run.

Further I don't think this should somehow happen automatically
after all there are portions of the code that don't touch the
database and their tests should know this and not bother
unnecessarily churning.

-w
--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>