[ckan-dev] strings as primary keys

William Waites ww at styx.org
Mon Feb 7 17:01:47 UTC 2011

* [2011-02-07 18:00:13 +0100] Friedrich Lindenberg <friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> écrit:

] I agree that using uuids as primary keys is a questionable design
] decision, but it's one that is very deeply incorporated into CKAN and
] that might come in handy once we start federating packages between
] data catalogues.

Not suggesting we ever expose them...

] While I share your concerns with regards to performance, its worth
] noting that we do have indexes on all PKs and FKs. My feeling is that
] we should wait for David Raznick to offer some performance
] measurements/profiling information before considering to change this
] :)

Eagerly awaiting some numbers...

-w
--