[ckan-dev] Branching policy and standardizing on branch names

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Feb 10 14:20:51 UTC 2011

On 10 February 2011 13:59, Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 February 2011 13:43, William Waites <ww at styx.org> wrote:
>> * [2011-02-10 13:02:33 +0000] Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at gmail.com> écrit:
>> ]
>> ] Alternatively we could move towards a "continuous development" model
>> ] where we have complete test coverage, fast automated test builds, easy
>> ] deployment, feature flags and a "blame" functionality so that everyone
>> ] can be confident and take responsibility for their own code.
>>
>> This is more or less the direction we seem to be taking, but some
>> of the infrastructure is missing.
>>
>> Also, I am very much more inclined towards a few simple happy-path
>> and obvious-error tests and then regression tests when bugs are
>> found rather than trying to reach the holy grail of "complete
>> test coverage".

I agree - there are diminishing returns with test coverage and we're
not writing a platform requiring the stability of a database. But we
do have coverage of most of the happy paths and obvious errors.
However there are some red flashing lights where we seem to lack ANY
coverage, and it's probably worth mentioning them again:

#854	authorization_group
#855	authenticator
#856	caching
#857	cli