[ckan-dev] Packaging theme and model customisations

Seb Bacon seb.bacon at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 14:21:14 UTC 2011

On 10 February 2011 11:16, Friedrich Lindenberg
<friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> in general: have a look at https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckan-nl where
> Richard did a fantastic job of putting together a simple theme overlay
> for some basic pages (especially look at the way layout.html is used
> to override some things from layout_base.html). For a customization
> that includes a custom form and some plugins, see:
> https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckanextiati

Thanks -- and what would be the preferred pattern for setting
extra_template_paths from within an extension?

Would we just expect the person deploying the system to edit the ini
file to point there, or should we instead register it when the
extension is loaded?

Seb