[ckan-dev] migrate repository

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:29:54 UTC 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 12:49 PM, James Gardner <james at 3aims.com> wrote:

>  Hi David,
>
> This is great work!
>
> The harvesting_job.errors field is not needed, don't know where it came
> from. Errors are now stored as part of the .report attribute in the "errors"
> key of a JSON dictionary. I'll remove it from the model in the current
> harvesting branch if you could fix the migration please? On the same table
> I'm going to add these two columns to harvesting_job, both default to NULL.
>

>     Column('started', DateTime),
>     Column('finished', DateTime),
>
> Whist you are tidying up the migrate scripts for harvesting_job could I
> please ask you to add those columns in the migrate script too and I'll add
> them in the model. Once you've committed I'll merge default back into the
> branch so that we should be correct moving forward.
>
> Sound good?

I think, in that case, we should just pretend that errors field never
existed.  i.e do not change any migrate scripts and just move it out of the
current model.

There is a chance that some live database will have it as a field already.
 This should not cause problems, it will basically be an unused field in the
database and as its nullable will not effect those databases.

I am happy to add a 'new' migrate script for this case outlined above. It
would be better added directly to your branch.