[ckan-dev] CKAN SPARQL endpoint service access

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu Feb 24 19:06:46 UTC 2011

* [2011-02-24 10:25:19 +0100] Pierre-Yves Vandenbussche <pierre-yves.vandenbussche at mondeca.com> écrit:

] I'm developping a monitoring webapp which will show the availability of
] Public SPARQL Endpoint . To do so, I'm using your SPARQL Endpoint and fetch
] all datasets which have an endpoint. I execute this query every hour. Then
] on the endpoint status list, I give for each endpoint, the link to the
] package page on CKAN.
]
] May I use your data ? Can you handle this use ?

If you're talking about http://semantic.ckan.net/sparql
please feel free. It's not running on a particularly big
machine, but the data's also not that big. I would be
very suprised if there were any problem so please
feel free.

Is your monitoring webapp going to be publicly visible?
It would be interesting to see what it finds. Also have
you seen the curate tool[0] which is not a webapp but a
command line tool that will look at some of the same
data and then can also update packages and such (e.g.
by marking them broken) if it finds things are amiss?

Cheers,
-w

[0] http://packages.python.org/curate

--