[ckan-dev] Deleted packages in search results

Friedrich Lindenberg friedrich at pudo.org
Fri Jan 14 11:01:02 GMT 2011

Hi all,

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM, Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at gmail.com> wrote:
>> My initial approach to fixing this was to do filtering within solr by
>> passing a list of all packages for which the querying user is an admin
>> solr in a query such as this:
>>
>>  +(state:active OR name:my_pkg1 OR name:my_pkg2)

in a follow-up discussion with Rufus, we agreed that the best way to
proceed on this was to simply filter all queries for deleted packages
(i.e. not show deleted packages in result pages, even if the user
would be able to edit them). Since the use case for accessing deleted
packages is restoring them, it is safe to assume that they will know
the package name in question and thus be able to address the package
directly.

- Friedrich