[ckan-dev] vdm patches

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 20:45:39 UTC 2011

Hello

I have made 3 vdm patches.  The first one is critical, the other two are
less so but nice to have.

1.   Every change to every object is being stored in memory, which could add
up to quite a lot of memory.  This fixes it by making sure the objects are
in a weakref.  https://bitbucket.org/kindly/vdm/changeset/8d5f91db641f

2.   There is no need to re-query the database to detect if there has been a
changed as sqlalchemy knows this. It saves about 15 secs in the ckan tests.
https://bitbucket.org/kindly/vdm/changeset/0050d023ca4e

3.   There are still some intermittent errors due to objects not having a
revision_id, if you save an object at the same time as the revision.  We add
the uuid earlier to fix this.
https://bitbucket.org/kindly/vdm/changeset/0050d023ca4e.

The patches are all in their own branch in my fork.

Cheers

David