[ckan-dev] Started work on the 'webstore' (a datastore with web API)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Mon Jul 4 18:39:33 UTC 2011

Following up earlier discussion [1] of CREP 0004 Data API and Data
Processing System:

<http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1190>

Have now split out the first 'webstore' (a datastore with web API)
part into this ticket:

<http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/1208>

And begun a very basic implementation here:

<https://github.com/okfn/webstore>

Currently you can save and retrieve data (see test/test_api.py).

I started out, following Francis' instructions, to extract the code
from scraperwiki. I'm still using the datalib (that talks to sqlite)
but have replaced web server frontend using cyclone (probably slightly
breaking existing client API in the process). Julian has given me some
very useful documentation which I will forward here.

@Julian / Francis: there's a proposal for a newer more 'RESTish' API
in the ticket and would be interested in your thoughts (also what is
best docs of existing scraperwiki datastore API so we can try and
provide backwards compatability?)

Rufus

[1]: http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2011-June/000893.html
--