[ckan-dev] Advances and questions on datadeck

J. Félix Ontañón fontanon at emergya.es
Sun Jul 17 22:23:05 UTC 2011

With the aim of starting to work with local data packages some more
advances has been done:
1.- A manager reads  ~/.local/share/datadeck searching for local data packages
2.- A Data package's info is read with datapkg python library
2.- Local data packages can be browsed in the GUI

An easy way for testing is just use datapkg for download packages into
 ~/.local/share/datadeck
Commits has been pushed on "localpackages" branch at
https://github.com/okfn/datadeck

Some doubts for further advances:
* Due to the fact that datadeck may be used to deal with local
packages, all the js and css files must be available offline. Aren't
they?
* I've started using datapkg's facilities for reading info about data
packages. Also I think datapkg could be used to deal with the download
and uploads to ckan. Is ckanjs ready for dealing with download/upload?
Which are the limits between ckanjs and datapkg?

Next steps will be adding some operations on local packages.
Cheers!

--
J. Félix Ontañón Carmona