[ckan-dev] Setting tags via API or manually is failing

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Jul 23 15:34:59 UTC 2011

Just a general note: better to email ckan-dev for this type of thing.

On 23 July 2011 15:50, Anja Jentzsch <anja at anjeve.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> setting tags via API or manually is failing irregularly at the moment.
> I tried setting "lodcloud.unconnected" for munich-offener-haushalt via API
> what failed, manually as well. The manual edit doesn't even show up in the
> revision history.

See below but I think this is because there is a bug and it thinks
that this is a no-op because this tag was previously associated.

> Mathieu d'Aquin also reports trying to set tags but they didn't show up.
> Package: data-open-ac-uk
> http://twitter.com/#!/mdaquin/status/94360211271331840
>
> Can you help here?

I have just investigated and believe I have identified the issue which
seems to be with re-adding tags that have been previously deleted.

So I think this is a bug (I'll need to do some more testing to be
sure) and relates to re-adding tags that were previously deleted.

Rufus