[ckan-dev] Malformed Release file?

Mengia Zollinger zollinger.mengia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 13:31:04 UTC 2011

Hi CKAN-Team

Two weeks ago, Rufus recommend me the following installation guideline for a
CKAN installation: http://wiki.ckan.net/Install_CKAN
With this tutorial, I didn't have any problems to install it. But today, I
tried a second installation on the same environment and the following error
occured:

root at ckan:~# wget -qO-  http://apt.okfn.org/packages.okfn.key | sudo apt-key
add -
OK
root at ckan:~# apt-get update
Hit http://us.archive.ubuntu.com lucid-updates/multiverse Sources
Fetched 1,456B in 0s (6,570B/s)
W: Failed to fetch
http://apt.okfn.org/ubuntu_ckan-std_dev/dists/lucid/Release  Unable to find
expected entry  universe/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file (malformed
Release file?)

E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
used instead.

root at ckan:~# apt-get install ckan-std
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package ckan-std

Is it possible that there is a new release, missing the entry
universe/binary-i386/Packages in Meta-index file?

Thanks in advance!
Mengia