[ckan-dev] Connecting different versions of data packages

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu Jul 14 15:42:12 UTC 2011

Hi Rustam,

The boundary between packages and resources is not exact, but for me
the key thing is in the metadata. If these two APIs have basically the
same title, tags, functionality, author etc.etc then they should be in
the same package, just as two separate resources.

If however there are significant differences in the metadata then they
should be different packages. We have a feature called 'related
packages' that creates explicit links. Here's more info:

http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/253

We've not done an edit interface yet as it's still pretty prototype,
but it has been set via the API:
http://ckan.net/package/bio2rdf-go

David