[ckan-dev] CKAN Storage Extension - Configuration

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jul 22 13:56:41 UTC 2011

On 20 July 2011 17:32, Mengia Zollinger <zollinger.mengia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I decided to use CKAN Storage Extension
> http://packages.python.org/ckanext-storage/ together with Pairtree.
> But now I'm a bit confused about the configuration.
>
> In /usr/share/pyshared/pylons/configuration.py I added the following:
>
> ckan.plugins = storage
> ofs.impl = pairtree
> ofs.storage_dir =
> /home/mengia/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ckanext/storage

That looks like the directory of the actual code for the plugin. You
want a path to a directory that is empty (or better: does not yet
exist).

> ckanext.storage.bucket = 103-60-155-83-storage
>
> I found the following discussion about this topic but nevertheless couldn't
> solve my problem
> http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/ckan-dev/2011-June/000838.html
> Is this the wrong config file or what am I doing wrong?

I think config is good but your ofs.storage_dir is wrong. Let me know
if changing to an empty / new directory works.

Rufus

> Thanks in advance!
> Mengia

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation