[ckan-dev] ckan.net spam

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at okfn.org
Wed Jun 8 16:16:50 UTC 2011

Il giorno Wed, 08/06/2011 alle 16.58 +0100, David Read ha scritto:

> * Other instances of CKAN are vulnerable in the same way, and are
> probably less often viewed than ckan.net. We don't want to allow our
> many sites to turn into google bombs when no-one is looking.

Hi David,
ideally we want to always have someone looking, even for minor
instances. Feeds of updates help a lot here.

> We should look at Wikipedia's tools for fighting wiki spam.

Apart from technical tools, there is also a lot of social spam fighting,
people following pages, almost-immediate reverting of all spam (also,
it's easy to revert and erase changes from the web interface ‒ which
makes it much easier to keep spammers away).

Ciao,
steko, your it.ckan.net shepherd

--
Stefano Costa