[ckan-dev] ckan forms and css question

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Jun 21 14:30:43 UTC 2011

On 20 June 2011 20:43, Sean Hudson <sean.hudson at opencolorado.org> wrote:
> The other day David Read (thanks David) helped me recover a custom package
> form on colorado.ckan.net that I had created previous to the latest upgrade.
> However, now the CSS for all pages appears jacked up. It was working and
> looking good prior to the form recovery. Could this have happened when David
> restarted Apache? If so, how do I fix it and insure that it remains stable?

Sean,

The only possible problem I see with the CSS is the nav bar being put
in a box to the right hand side. Is that the problem you're referring
to?

I don't think restarting Apache was this particular problem (and we've
not installed the old form yet I'm afraid). More likely it was due to
a minor change to the layout template, which the site saw when we
upgraded you to the more recent version of CKAN. (You were about a
year out of date on an unsupported version.)

CKAN templates don't change very much, but like anything, require a
small amount of maintenance over time. If you're unhappy with the way
it looks now then perhaps you'll have an opportunity to adjust your
CSS? Options include reverting the site to the standard theme or
discussing OKF providing more formal help with your CKAN site.

David