[ckan-dev] Commit policy

William Waites ww at styx.org
Tue Mar 15 13:14:44 UTC 2011

* [2011-03-15 11:03:27 +0000] David Read <david.read at okfn.org> écrit:

] In the past week it seems everyone (myself included) has been making
] repeated commits to CKAN code without a branch or referencing tickets.
] I'm flagging it because this isn't what we collectively decided to aim
] for a few weeks ago. Are we comfortable with this or do people think
] we should push for greater discipline in the process?

for my part, i haven't been one making those commits
because i haven't been working on ckan this past week,
however i have found the new policy on branching
very confusing when it comes to merging things with
head - particularly see my botched merge in the
owslib branch which resulted from working on the
branch, putting it down for a bit, being overtaken
by head, merging in the changes from head, etc.
doubtless this is a result of inexpert use of mercurial
on my part, but even so, a forest of branches is, as i
say, confusing and probably overkill for what we are
doing.

-w

--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>