[ckan-dev] CKAN screenshots re themes (was: Re: CKAN Page Customization)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue May 17 12:36:21 UTC 2011

This was prompted by this thread but separate so changing subject ...

@lucy: Just thought of a useful thing to do (should ticket):

take screenshots of existing ckan instances esp those mentioned
<http://wiki.ckan.net/Theming> and put on flickr in ckan or ckan-theme
group so we can create a gallery ... (both to illustrate theming but
also to show ckan instances that are around -- could add to
http://wiki.ckan.net/Instances)

rufus

On 16 May 2011 19:28, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> Yes, it's easy to change the look of CKAN, if that's what you mean?
> You can edit the templates to move or change all the items on each
> page. Here is the wiki on this area: http://wiki.ckan.net/Theming and
> take a look at the existing templates in the source too for an idea:
> https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckan/src/default/ckan/templates/
>
> Do ask again if you have further queries, and please do let us know
> where you're from and what your project is!
>
> David
>
> On 16 May 2011 17:44, 1w333 <ewear86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dear Sir,
>> I am new to CKAN and would like to ask you regarding the page customization
>> for CKAN. Is there is any tutorial or paper explain how to customize CKAN
>> page let say I want to arrange the module on the page. And one more thing,
>> does CKAN have different page to differentiate between admin and normal
>> user.
>> Thanks.
>> Best Regards.

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation