[ckan-dev] [okfn-dev] OKF Site Banner

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Tue May 10 13:13:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:10 PM, Friedrich Lindenberg
<friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:57 PM, Jonathan Gray <jonathan.gray at okfn.org> wrote:
>> Could we use this to publicise: http://opendatachallenge.org/ and
>> http://okcon.org/?
>
> Thats the plan ;-) Lets first try to roll this out to a few places and
> then do an OKCon push?

Brilliant. :-)

>> What about displaying banner ads for projects, events, etc? Like:
>
> I have an ad blocker, fine with me. But seriously: do we really want that?
>
>> http://lod2.okfn.org/2011/05/05/promotional-material-for-the-open-data-challenge/
>> Jonathan

Not necessarily. I just asked Rufus for ideas for places we could ask
to run the Open Data Challenge banners - and he said OKF sites, and
that one could write some code to make it display on all sites.

Guess I was thinking of the kinds of ads that run on wikipedia.org
when they are doing fundraising etc. Agree that these are annoying -
but wonder if they may also be effective at reminding people about
stuff. ;-)

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator