[ckan-dev] New CREP: Moderated Edits User Interface

John Glover glover.john at gmail.com
Wed May 18 15:43:00 UTC 2011

Hi,

>> 1) I'm thinking about the fact that internally we have separate
>> revisions for resources, extras and package metadata.  From a user's
>> point of view this could be confusing to expose so I would want to be
>> sure that conceptually, everything that they see on a package form
>> when they hit save is a single "revision".  Is that right?
>>

> Yes, they should all be treated together in my view. Whatever is being
> displayed on that form is what is conceptually what the user treats as a
> revision (resources, tags, extras etc).

Yes agreed. I'll update the CREP to clarify this.

>> 2) I think a "revision" (in the above sense) should have its own
>> revision log field that appears when you select a revision in the
>> right hand side.
>
> Sounds sensible, John and David, can this be easily included?

By revision log do you mean some sort of notes field per revision
(like a commit message)? That should be straight-forward.

>> It would be nice to particularly highlight the notes
>> function (which is effectively like a Wikipedia "talk" page) if there
>> are some notes there.
>
> I think we decided that using the todo extension in the first instance would
> make more sense (it allows notes to be assigned a category such as bad
> description, broken link etc), and only to look at per-field notes later if
> it became obvious we needed them.

Yes for now we were thinking of just adding per package notes rather
than per field, but this can be updated later.

Thanks,
John