[ckan-dev] solr

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Thu May 19 10:03:12 UTC 2011

On 19 May 2011 10:29, Friedrich Lindenberg
<friedrich.lindenberg at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Seb,
>
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at okfn.org> wrote:
>> I was wondering, because supporting *both* postgres FTS *and* solr is
>> a bit tricky (in fact, we're effectively not supporting both, as the
>> faceting stuff has only been implemented for installations with solr)

Ok, usual devil's advocate stuff...

It feels like a fair bit of work to get the whole dev team and all
clients onto SOLR.

What's the problem with the status quo of having faceting as an
optional feature?

Seb and Friedrich, do you have we got a new feature or requirement
that you have in mind? If there is no other agenda or plan here then I
see no benefit to this proposed work.

David