[ckan-dev] CKAN and RDF/SPARQL

William Waites ww at styx.org
Thu May 26 12:52:45 UTC 2011

* [2011-05-26 11:28:22 +0100] Seb Bacon <seb.bacon at okfn.org> écrit:

] For point (2), it seems likely that the right solution would be to
] crawl the RDF and insert in a triplestore.

Right, the only difference between crawling and using the queue
is the delay.

] For (1), I'm still unclear and haven't really followed this
] discussion.  How can we output RDF?  How is it done at the moment for
] consumption by semantic.ckan.net?  (I seem to recall something about
] XSLT?)

semantic.ckan.net talks the CKAN JSON protocol and then generates
RDF with a hand-crafted program. If you wanted to use this program
as a worker it would be a simple modification to do the operation
on one particular dataset rather than crawl them all.

The XSLT bit is because semantic.ckan.net can also harvest INSPIRE
sources and it does the ISO19139 -> RDF transformation with XSLT
because it is more direct and there is no need to wash the data
through CKAN and transform it twice.

-w

--
William Waites                <mailto:ww at styx.org>