[ckan-dev] pycsw

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at hotmail.com
Fri May 27 15:37:26 UTC 2011

> Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 00:17:00 +0200
> To: ckan-dev at lists.okfn.org
> From: ww at styx.org
> Subject: Re: [ckan-dev] pycsw
>
> * [2011-05-03 14:47:36 +0200] Stefano Costa <stefano.costa at okfn.org> écrit:
>
> ] Not necessarily intended as a replacement for the current CSW code in
> ] CKAN, but potentially interesting:
> ]
> ]         http://pycsw.org/
>
> It would be worthwhile to take a look at this. The CSW server in CKAN
> is not intended to be complete by any stretch - it's intended to be
> the minimum possible so that Geonetwork can harvest from it. If it is
> feasible to replace it with a more complete implementation it's a good
> idea.
>
> -w

(I'm one of the developers for pycsw)

Hi: I was on irc with William on this, and we spoke of options for pycsw here.  Given the similar underlying data models, we thought it would be valuable to investigate further.  I'd be willing to help out on integration and feasibility testing using (pycsw's) svn trunk codebase.

..Tom