[ckan-dev] pycsw

William Waites ww at styx.org
Sun May 29 22:09:14 UTC 2011

* [2011-05-29 18:18:00 +0100] Adrià Mercader <amercadero at gmail.com> écrit:

] It's great to hear this. I think that the ability to offer a full CSW
] interface would be a great feature to add to CKAN.
] Tom and/or Will, did you agree some kind of plan / objectives?

I don't think we agreed anything susbstantial, just that it sounded
like a good idea. Something vaguely like making a view to present
pycsw with what it wants to see. In order to implement filters, pycsw
will need to use postgres' XML processing on the harvested document
which might mean some tweaking of the harvesting models. pycsw doesn't
support postgres yet, only sqlite, so this could probably be done in
parallel. Mostly up to you though.

Cheers,
-w
--