[ckan-dev] How to install CKAN on OSX?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Nov 9 16:41:17 UTC 2011

On 11/04/2011 05:32 PM, John Glover wrote:
> Source install, runs directly on OS X (no virtualbox or similar). Not
> sure what issues Sean had with Postgres.

I couldn't get a postgresql server installed and running and make a
connection to it, IIRC I was getting permissions errors, but when I
looked at the files from the error messages and their parent directories
the permissions all looked fine to me. I tried installing it with
macports and then with homebrew. There must be something wrong in my OSX
setup somewhere but I decided it wasn't worth the time it was going to
take to get to the bottom of it.