[ckan-dev] [ckan-use] API Question

DA ROS Jonathan jdaros at sii.fr
Thu Nov 10 11:12:39 UTC 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to use API to delete my packages that i download with harvest
plugin. I know that it's impossible to delete them directly from the web
GUI even for non harvest downloaded packages. So, i was thinking to
delete them with the API by writing the command on the web adress bar.
In fact i don't sucess to get access to the actions .. for instance
writting :

http://thedatahub.org/api/3/action/package_list -d '{}'
<http://thedatahub.org/api/3/action/package_list%20-d%20%27%7B%7D%27> i
get the result :

"Bad request - JSON Error: No request body data"

or another example : curl http://localhost:5000/api/rest/package -d '{"name":"test2", "title":"Changed Test package"}' -H "THE_KEY" via command line gives :

"Acces denied" ( i'm root on ubuntuu and admin on ckan )

Anybody has an idea how i can do ? for sure something's wrong with the way i proceed...

Thanks a lot for answer.

John D.