[ckan-dev] CKAN integrations

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Nov 29 16:04:32 UTC 2011

Cheers for this, Tom. @Mehmet, do you want to try this again now?

> The latter part of the form allows you to choose the URL which your
> dataset will have. Because you're only modifying the last part, we
> originally called it 'name', but 'url' makes more sense... an outstanding
> issue is that the server's error message still calls it a 'name' rather
> than a 'url'.

The point is that it is not clear that you are only editing the last part
of the URL. You are entering into a box below a URL in a field marked URL.
I'm sure Mehmet is not the only one confused that you can only enter part
of a URL here.

Actually the error message talking about 'urls'

BTW I think it is a bit weird that when you open this form you are
immediately struck by bright lime green text saying "This URL is
available!" when you have not typed anything yet, and a blank entry fails
validation.

David