[ckan-dev] Switch to English doesn't work with default being Czech

Ondřej Vadinský ondrej.vadinsky at vse.cz
Thu Oct 6 08:45:31 UTC 2011

Dne Ne 18. září 2011 18.14:50, Ondřej Vadinský napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I deployd updated czech translation to:
> /etc/ckan/cz/pyenv/src/ckan/ckan/i18n/cs_CZ/LC_MESSAGES/
> compiled it with:
> sudo python setup.py compile_catalog --locale cs_CZ (from
> /etc/ckan/cz/pyenv/src/ckan/) and set: lang = cs_CZ in: /etc/ckan/cz/cz.ini
>
> Now the page is correctly in Czech, but switching to Egnlish (either via
> link downpage, or HTTP Accept-Language) does not work. The page can be
> switched to other languages though. The same goes with Deutsch set as
> default. Any ideas what is wrong?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ondřej Vadinský

So I tryied workarounding this by creating "english translation" in i18n/en/
but then it just ignored settings in config file or switching via link and
stayed in english. So I guess this doesn't do the trick.
Can someone try to reproduce on nationalized ckan instance? Should I file a
bug repored, or is just something misconfigured?

--
Regards,

Ondřej Vadinský