[ckan-dev] munge_title_to_name gone

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 16:54:17 UTC 2011

Hi all,
This recent changeset removed the munge_title_to_name function from
ckan.lib, causing some disruptions (ImportErrors) in ckanext-harvest
and ckanext-inspire:

https://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckan/changeset/bd2128be8172#chg-ckan/lib/munge.py

I know that it was not used in CKAN core anymore, but be careful when
deleting stuff from there as extensions may be relying on it. Maybe a
quick email to the list with a deprecation warning.

In this particular case I think it's a quite useful function in some
contexts (and has a really cool name). Can we have it back? :)

Cheers,

Adrià