[ckan-dev] [CKAN] Upgrade from v1.4.2a to v1.4.3

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:31:17 UTC 2011

Hi Jonathan,

On 26 October 2011 16:49, DA ROS Jonathan <jdaros at sii.fr> wrote:
> Ok, it works now thanks to an installation "from source" with the v1.4.3.
> Hard but finally after about a day i got it !! Thanks all for your help. I'm
> still insteresting with automatic installation when it will be updated for
> the last Ckan version.
I'm glad you managed to install CKAN. Although I'm pretty sure you can
also install 1.4.3 from packages. Anyone?

> - i understood that to refresh a harvest, a job shall be added, the gather,
> fetch and run launched. I understood how to do it in a command line but what
> about the ui ? is that the role of the refresh option ?
The "Refresh" link in the UI will flag the the source for refreshing
and create a new job, but the process needs to be run in the command
line (as yo were already doing)

> - second, is it possible to delete a harvesting source ? to me, only the
> command line "harvester rmsource" seems to only deactivate the source, not
> deleting and not re-activate and what about the ui ?
That's right. Unfortunately right now you can only deactivate a source
with the rmsource command via command line.

Adrià