[ckan-dev] Metadata representation within CKAN

Antoine Logean antoine.logean at innoq.com
Thu Sep 22 14:17:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

First of all I would like to thanks the community of developer who has
written CKAN. By following the Amazone EC2 tutorial I had in 10 minutes
a running directory ! Nice job.

Now I have a question related to the way metadata are
represented/managed/accessed within CKAN. With metadata I mean the
description of the datasets (semantic of the data (culture, population,
etc...), format, URL, size, copyright, ...). Where are this metadata
definition located ? Are they represented by a clear interface/schema in
a central place that I can export and use within an other application ?
How are these metadata formally described within CKAN ? Is it possible
to set up a sparql endpoint on CKAN so that I can navigate in the
metadata defined within CKAN and export them in RDF ?

Thanks for your help,

Antoine