[ckan-dev] problem with "&"

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Tue Sep 6 14:16:35 UTC 2011

Hi Florian,

On 6 September 2011 11:49, Florian Marienfeld
<florian.marienfeld at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am having trouble with the characters "=&;".
> if they occur e.g. in the title of a package, I get a 400-Bad-Request
> when I try to register a package by POSTing to ckan/rest/api/package
>
> However, when I PUT the same package as an edit to
> ckan/rest/api/package/existing_package, it works and the title shows
> correctly on the front end and API.
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Florian,
I've reproduced this and it shows the problem is with the JSON decoding:

(pyenv-ckan)dread at dread-laptop:~/hgroot/ckan$ curl -i
http://localhost:5000/api/rest/package -d '{"name": "test3", "title":
"Test &"}' -H "Authorization:tester"
HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
Server: PasteWSGIServer/0.5 Python/2.6.5