[ckan-dev] [ckan-discuss] How to install extensions for a package installation?

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Fri Sep 9 10:07:28 UTC 2011

>>> Yes. But when I did this, the server crashes giving me a
>>> "PluginNotFoundException: admin".
>>
>> I suspect you haven't re-configured Apache that which is why you are getting
>> this error.
>
> I think this extension is broken as I already wrote in my last mail. Is it?

The ckanext-admin extension works fine. This error message results
when the extension isn't installed in the particular python
environment Apache is running ckan from. As James said, you've
probably got Apache still pointed to the system-wide python
environment, whilst you've installed the extension in the one in your
home directory. I think the instructions are missing the step to
change this - James can you confirm?

David