[ckan-dev] Next CKAN stable release

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 16:27:34 UTC 2012

Hi all,

After some discussion from the development team, we have agreed to
skip the 1.6.1 release and aim to release 1.7 version in two weeks
time. We have a number of exciting new features that need some
polishing and testing, and that will give us the necessary time to
make sure they run smoothly. The 1.6.1 branch will be merged back in
to master before branching 1.7 to ensure we don't lose any changesets.

The release schedule is the following:

* From today until next Wednesday 25th April: All devs should finish
and merge to master any branch that they want to include in 1.7
(Please test them thoroughly)
* On Wed 25th April we will create the 1.7 release branch and deploy
it to TheDataHub for testing. We will also update the translation
strings on Transifex and ping all our awesome translators to help
update them.
* On Wed 2nd May, if no problems have been found, we will tag the new
release and create the necessary packages. Email to the list and blog
post should follow quickly after.

Please share any comments you have.

Cheers,

Adrià