[ckan-dev] .ini config ckan.restrict_template_vars

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:54:58 UTC 2012

I said I'd send an email reminding people of this

There in a .ini option ckan.restrict_template_vars if this is false or
missing everything is as normal

If it is set to true then there are two effects

1) The set of helper functions is restricted to those specified in
lib/helper_clean.py this is to help find out which things imported into
helpers.py are being used.  NOTE this is only when rendering templates if
helpers is imported directly all functions are available

2) Some functions have had their signatures changed eg nav_link() so that c
is no longer passed as the first parameter.  An exception is raised if this
happens and an indication of which template the error occurred in.

This is a new feature in 1.7 so extensions should still use the old
function signatures unless they rely on ckan 1.7 when that version is
stable in the wild we can start changing over.

Question:
Do we expect our users to be running the current version of ckan or do we
support legacy releases and for how long?

Toby