[ckan-dev] CKAN API Clients

Haq, Salman Salman.Haq at neustar.biz
Thu Apr 19 16:22:40 UTC 2012

Hi,

I want to programmatically create datasets and upload resources to my CKAN 1.6 instance.

Looking at the docs.ckan.org, it seems that there are several client libraries available and at least three API versions.

>From the documentation, it's not clear to me which which clients support which API versions. I assume this is tribal knowledge, but can it be tabulated in the documentation?

Ideally I'd like to use the Python client which is maintained by the core team. I can download the source pypi but I cannot find the source on github – can someone point me to it?

Upon inspecting the source code, it appears that this client supports API v1 and v2 but not v3.

My cursory understanding is that version 3 of the API is what I will need to use to accomplish my tasks. Am I correct in assuming that I will have to extend the Python client?

Thank you,
Shaq